Selling your car or truck in Oregon is a big deal. You've got to get the paperwork right the first time or you could pay the price later on. Here is a list of the worst things people do when they sell a car, truck, motorcycle or van registered in Oregon to a private party:
1. Forget to print the name in ink of the buyer of the vehicle on the back of the REGISTRATION and turn it into the Oregon DMV.
2. Forget to sign the back of the TITLE as seller, date, and print the name and address of the buyer.
3. Forget to clean out the car of all identifying paperwork.
4. Promising to extend your auto insurance to the new buyer giving them time to purchase their own.
5. Carry the contract to finance the purchase of a car and refuse to sign over the title until the car is paid for.
Let's look at these in in a little more detail.