Saturday, 14 January 2012 17:14

General FAQ's

Written by

Q: Why buy insurance in Oregon from an independent agent?

A: By purchasing insurance from an independent agent, the policyholder receives more personal, one-on-one service. An agent with whom there is direct contact can be vital when purchasing a policy and helpful when filing a claim.

It is also important to note that many insurance carriers offer direct policies as well as operate through independent agents, all under the same name. Please be careful! This does not mean that you get the same rate from the same insurance company or the same service. Often you find the price of the direct version of the company is more expensive than if you buy through an agent. Be sure to shop both and weigh the benefits before you make a decision. Ask yourself how much those direct insurance company television ads cost! And if you are desperate for an identification card, SR22 certificate, to make a late payment or make a change to your policy, you can walk right into a local independent agent office and take care of business.

Q: When can I start my insurance?

A: In most cases immediately. We offer instant coverage on all types of personal auto, recreational vehicle and home policies. A policy can be requested to start on the same day or anytime in the future. Back-dating is illegal--don't even ask! Commercial and life policies may experience a slight delay, depending on the time of day the quote is requested.

Q: How do I make payments?

A: There are a number of easy ways to make payments:

Check by phone or mail,

MasterCard, VISA, or

Money Order by mail.

You can also call us on the phone or pay at our location and we will upload it for you. No cash or personal checks please. We can use your check and process it electronically like a debit card. Funds must be in the account.

Q: How and why would I get cancelled?

A: The three most common reasons for cancellation are for non-payment of the insurance premium, too many claims or losses and undisclosed information. When you apply for a policy you agree to pay a certain amount for your insurance policy. If you fail to pay the whole amount or keep up with the payments, the company cannot continue to insure you. When you applied for the policy the company asked for certain bits of information. If you failed to provide all of the information that is pertinent to the reason to accept you and the company later finds out you didn't disclose all the information, they can cancel you. And, if you have more claims, losses, driving record occurrences or your credit goes bad, the company can non-renew you policy. Moving to another state or selling the property might get your policy cancelled.

Saturday, 14 January 2012 17:01

Auto FAQ's

Written by

Q: What is an SR-22 Certificate?

A: An SR-22 certificate is a form or piece of paper which demonstrates that you have auto insurance. The State of Oregon can make sure that you maintain liability insurance by having your insurance company submit on a regular basis proof that you are insured. The Oregon DMV may require you to file an SR-22 certificate if you were involved in one or more of the following:

  • Driving under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs DUI (drunk driving),
  • serious moving violations such as reckless driving or eluding police,
  • in an accident while uninsured (at-fault or not),
  • driving uninsured (most common).

Regulations vary from state to state, but drivers required to provide this proof of minimum insurance must do so by turning in an SR-22 certificate for at least three years. Just because you are not a resident of Oregon and are visiting here does not keep you from needing an SR22 in Oregon. You might have to ask your insurance company from the state in which you reside to send in an SR22 Certificate to the State of Oregon just to keep your driving privileges in your home state. You will need your Oregon seven digit account number to give to your insurance company so they may be able to properly complete and submit your Oregon SR22 filing.